- Rugged Build Quality. Mechanical strength has been a hallmark of Perreaux products since the company first started production back in 1974. The concept behind the physical design and construction is that each structural member should contribute to both rigidity and performance.
- Ultra Stiff Power Supply. The 350 incorporates a massive custom designed, toroidal power transformer, employing unusually heavy gauge wire that reduces copper losses to a minimum. An electrostatic shield prevents AC line borne interference from entering the signal path. The power supply filter capacitors, totaling 60, 000uF (30, 000uF per channel), have exceptionally low inductance and internal resistance.
- Hybrid Class-A/AB. The bi-polar transistors used in the 350 are operating in Class-A. This avoids the crossover notch distortion and the resulting odd-order harmonics present, to some degree, in all other classes of operation. The devices used in the 350 output stage are MOSFETs, which with high quiescent current circuitry, are run in the equivalent of Class-A to 10 watts. Beyond this point the output class is technically Class AB (hence the hybrid nomenclature), but with a major difference.
- MOSFET Output Stage. The 350 output stage takes full advantage of the unique qualities of MOSFET devices and in many ways they are superior to bi-polar transistors.
- Multiple Protection Systems, The 350 incorporates a full range of protection circuits, isolated from all signal carrying circuits via opto-couplers. However, these circuits are aimed at ensuring an extremely high safety margin for these high-powered products rather than as a mandatory addition to correct for poor or overloaded circuit topologies.
The Prisma 350 is a 350W per-channel stereo power amplifier. The high power output allows the 350 to effortlessly drive any loudspeakers with the precision, detail and authority that Perreaux products are renowned for. The ability to extend deep into the lower octaves with control and finesse delivers instruments and voices with lifelike heft, body and scale. Sonic transparency is deep at the heart of the 350, allowing the musicians artistic prowess to be realised in its entirety and as intended by the mastering engineer. As with all Perreaux products, the design is completely solid state, featuring the finest audiophile grade componentry throughout.