- Rugged Build Quality. Mechanical strength has been a hallmark of Perreaux products since the company first started production back in 1974. The concept behind the physical design and construction is that each structural member should contribute to both rigidity and performance.
- Ultra Stiff Power Supply. The 750 incorporates a massive custom designed, toroidal power transformer, employing unusually heavy gauge wire that reduces copper losses to a minimum. An electrostatic shield prevents AC line borne interference from entering the signal path. The power supply filter capacitors, totaling 60, 000uF, have exceptionally low inductance and internal resistance.
- Hybrid Class-A/AB. The bi-polar transistors used in the 750 are operatin in Class-A. This avoids the crossover notch distortion and the resulting odd-order harmonics present, to some degree, in all other classes of operation. The devices used in the 750 output stage are MOSFETs, which with high quiescent current circuitry, are run in the equivalent of Class-A to 10 watts. Beyond this point the output class is technically Class-AB (hence the hybrid nomenclature), but with a major difference.
- Bi-Wiring Made Easy. 2 pairs of binding posts make bi-wiring speakers as simple as “A-B-C”.
- MOSFET Output Stage. The 750 output stage takes full advantage of the unique qualities of MOSFET devices and in many ways they are superior to bi-polar transistors.
The Prisma Series 750 is a high quality, reference, 750W monoblock hifi audio power amplifier, incorporating true-balanced circuit topology and custom designed toroid power supply.